A couple of days ago, I checked my blog and found I'd been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by Carrie, whom I discovered at a delightful blog site called Carrie Keeps Typing. And if you want to enjoy some really stylish writing, go have a look: http://carriekeepstyping.blogspot.com )
Thank you Carrie. That was so nice of you.
In the tradition of these awards, I'm to do the following:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. (See above.)
2. Share 7 things about yourself. (See below.)
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers. (Out of so many! This is hard!)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. (If I listed you, you are awarded.)
Okay: 7 things about me:
1. Even though I write for children, I never liked The Wind In the Willows. Yes. I know. Shocking. My mother couldn't understand it either.
2. I was in the high school play one year. The play was, Death Takes a Holiday. I was the maid, and I had one line (uttered while looking out a fake window). "They're here." (In the children's mystery I'm presently writing, I've given the maid much more interesting things to say.)
3. I've been "blessed" by a temple elephant, in Tirichurapali, India, while visiting my husband's family. It was a wonderful moment!
4. I love libraries, bookstores, art galleries, and museums. I can spend hours in any of those places and completely lose track of the time.
5. I have a book addiction. Our bedroom looks like a used book store -- one where all the books haven't been shelved yet. (I have a wonderful, very understanding husband.)
6. Or should that be #6? I have a wonderful, very understanding husband.
7. On my list of New Year's resolutions (which I chose to call "aims" because "aims" sounded more likely to last), seven of them were about writing. ("Find an agent" was one; the others had to do with finishing things, querying, writing synopses, submitting, staying perky in the face of rejection, etc.)
Okay. Enough about me: Here are my nominees: (Unfortunately, I haven't got the hang yet of making it so you can just press on the url on my blog. Maybe someone can tell me how to do it. But it's well worth copying and pasting their urls and visiting their sites.)
Elspeth Antonelli at It's a Mystery:
Kimberly at Meetings with My Muse:
Julie Musil at Julie Musil:
Kenda Turner at Words and Such:
Jayne at A Novice Novelist:
Jody Hedlund at Author, Jody Hedlund:
K. M. Welland at Wordplay:
Rosi Hollinbeck at The Write Stuff:
Ann Best at Long Journey Home -- Blog of Author Ann Carbine Best:
Rhys Bowen at Rhys's Pieces:
And one more award to Lydia Kang at The Word Is My Oyster:
I know, I know, that's eleven, but they are all worth visiting (as well as a few others I couldn't fit into the requirements.) Go have a look and enjoy!