Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Writer's Life

It's been awhile since I blogged, since I've been working on a story. As they say, "Time flies when you are having fun." I never thought I would come to the point where the re-write would be as absorbing as the original idea, but after helpful suggestions from writing friends, I'm more excited about this story than when I first wrote it.

I'm excited about the writing life in general. Ever since the Davis conference, I've been visiting writers' and agents' blogs. A brand new world has opened up! Can't think why I didn't do it sooner. For years I've subscribed to writing magazines -- most recently, Children's Book Insider. But, today I joined the CBI Clubhouse: an online site replete with information about publishers, authors, author interviews, mini-courses, good books for children, writing websites, critique exchanges, etc.

Here is their website, for anyone interested; it's a treasurehouse for any writer of children's books: http://cbiclubhouse.com/

Meanwhile, I will return to putting finishing touches on my story so that I can send it out with high hopes and get on with my next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and will respond to them. However, any comments left by "Anonymous" will be automatically deleted.