It is always nice to be surprised when I click on my blog, and today there were two lovely surprises. Kenda Turner at Words and Such passed on two awards to me, The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award and The Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks so much, Kenda!
Here are the awards:
There are general guidelines for accepting
and passing on the awards:
1. Thank and link back to the person who passed on the award.
2. Share 7 random tidbits about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 others (the number varies at times from 3-10!) and link to their blogs.
4. Let those people know you've given them the award.
Well, I've already done #1, but # 2? Hmmm.... 7 random tidbits about myself.... OK, here goes.
1. I have a demented Christmas cactus in the bathroom that never blooms at Christmas. August, sometimes. March, maybe. Once in late January. It just finished blooming two weeks ago. Never at Christmas. Why? Is it something I said?
2. I am not a dessert person, except for cookies. I heart all cookies. Oatmeal. Sugar. Shortbread. (We're talking homemade ones, here.) (For store-bought cookies, Oreos.) I LOVE Tarta de Santiago when we're in Spain, and I finally figured out why: it's like a giant, almond-paste, pudding-textured cookie.
3. I want to go to Ireland. Someday, somehow -- Ireland. I love Irish music. I love the Irish turn of phrase. I love Irish soda bread. And I'm writing a MG novel about Irish immigrants. I must go to Ireland.
4. An Irish writer I have discovered is Frank O'Connor. His short stories are wonderful. Exquisite. And he can be funny.
5. I am entranced by the blogosphere. No, really. I ventured into it rather timidly because at a workshop I attended Nathan Bransford advised writers to explore blogging. (Timidly, because I'm no techie and can be one click away from messing things up on my computer.) But what a wonderful world opened to me: I've met so many new writing friends, read so many wonderful blogs, and everyone is so generous with information and advice.
6. My husband and I have been married for 37 years -- almost 38 -- and we are still having a wonderful time going through life together.
7. When I'm not writing or reading, I love to paint. For the past year and a half I've been taking a course in pastel landscape painting by one of my favorite artists, and it's a high point in my week.
For #3, I'd like to pass on the awards to the following bloggers. Do go visit these sites, they are always a good read:
1. Rachna Chhabria at Rachna's Scriptorium
2. Alexia Chamberlynn at The Life and Literary Pursuits of Alexia Chamberlynn
3. Jennifer Bertman at Jennifer Bertman: From the Mixed-Up Files
4. Michelle Fayard at Bird's Eye View
5. Renee Hand at The Cripto-Capers Review
6. Mayra Calvani at Mayra's Secret Bookcase
7. Nicole Ducleroir at One Significant Moment at a Time
Go visit and enjoy.